Veteran & Classic Car Club of W.A.

• Home
  • Mirror with reversing camera, GPS etc

Mirror with reversing camera, GPS etc

• 27 Mar 2021 1:38 PM
    Message # 10240281

I seen a mirror that clips over your existing mirror with a number of electronic functions that older cars of course don't have. With my rear visibility the camera especially appeals. It cosst less than $300. Does anyone know about these things? eg are they easy enough for a non techo to operate, do they last?   

• 28 Mar 2021 9:00 AM
    Reply # 10242927 on 10240281

I have a cheap version fitted to my Jowett van which has very poor rear visibility. It is kind of ok, the picture auto adjusts to the light so if the sun is behind you you don't see a lot.

Installation is easy, and to operate you just turn it on, I have it connected to the ignition so when I start the car it is on.

The one I have cost $35.00, needs to be wired in and has no GPS, just a camera.

I would recommend shop around $300 sounds a bit much, but then you get what you pay for.

Regards Barry 

• 3 Apr 2021 5:50 PM
    Reply # 10268177 on 10240281

Thanks for you response Barry. I just bought a reversing camera on special at Supercheap ($170). I was told the clip on mirror ones are more subject to glare problems. On my 1970 Caddy, it's really bad once you get out of the garage. interestingly, it seems to have no problem on my 2012 GTS. Not sure if it has anything to do with standard of electrics. According a YouTube video, an anti glare cover for a lap top helps a lot. At his stage I haven't worked out if I will take it back or if an installer can work it out for me.

© Copyright - 2019 Veteran Car Club of WA [Inc]. 265 Hale Road, Wattle Grove. WA 6107