Veteran & Classic Car Club of W.A.

Licence inspection 1914 Ford Model T

• 26 May 2022 3:05 PM
    Message # 12794397

Hey folks, I'm new to the club and looking for some guidance. I have an unlicensed Model T and I want to get it on the road. From what I've read, it's got to go to an inspection station. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for a good one to go to? I don't want to get a fail for a minor oil leak or inoperable speedometer (for example). 

Thanks in advance.

1 file
  • 27 May 2022 7:49 AM
    Reply # 12795636 on 12794397
    Deleted user

Hello John.

Im pleased to see another Model T in the club! please send me an email 

at modeltford@iinet.net.au or text 0407773358 with your contact details

and I’ll be in touch with the options available to you.

Alan Long. Hillarys 

Model T Section

VCCCWA

• 27 May 2022 9:56 AM
    Reply # 12795700 on 12794397
    John Oldland (Administrator)

John

I'm assuming that you will want to licence this under Code 404 concessional licence, if this is the case Just contact any of the "FIRST LICENCE VEHICLE EXAMINERS" listed on the back of the Early Auto magazine. Phil Stockdale does these inspections at the club rooms on Wed mornings, you need to book an appointment for this with him.

For all other classes of licence, either Full, or code C4C concessional you would have to take the vehicle to a Dot licencing centre.

From the look of your Model T it shouldn't have too many issues passing, it must be fitted with rear reflectors, you will need to check with Phil about the accessory speedometer, I think if allowed accessories are fitted, i.e. brake lights or indicators etc, that these must be working  correctly.

1 file

© Copyright - 2019 Veteran Car Club of WA [Inc]. 265 Hale Road, Wattle Grove. WA 6107