Veteran & Classic Car Club of W.A.

• Home
  • Help ! can you Identify this mystery American Indian ornament

Help ! can you Identify this mystery American Indian ornament

• 7 Nov 2022 10:06 PM
    Message # 12980714

A elderly friend of mine shows me these two photos on his phone . 

He has had this American Indian ornament for several decades and has no idea of its original purpose or from what it was originally fitted to.

It is photographed sitting on a standard size house brick .  

We are also unsure if painted colors are original . 

I have tried using the photo on google lens app and the internet ,  and it comes up with suggestions of all kinds from bonnet / hood / radiator ornament  to book ends for bookshelf to ornament on doorstop.

Im thinking if it was doorstop and you accidently kicked it bare foot you see Red !  &  that would definitley send smoke signals from your ears !

I am suspecting it could be automotive related but open to suggestions please. 

Using google lens i was hoping for a same same image result but not to be .

Thanks 

Todd Evans 

2 files
  • 18 Nov 2022 6:06 AM
    Reply # 12993531 on 12980714
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

Very interesting and looks collectible. I also thought Google lens.

It looks heavy, for a reason, and with that screw head perhaps it was attached to something like a bookend, eg it screwed to a back plate. 
    Maybe it is the “top” missing from a metal rod of some sort which makes more sense, as it has a thread.  
    It could be absolutely anything, but keep searching.
    Look through eBay   https://www.ebay.com/itm/175237521767

If I find anything else I will let you know. 

• 22 Nov 2022 6:46 PM
    Reply # 12998233 on 12980714

Id say it has something to do with savage arms who are gun makers in the US of A. They used a Indian head in a lot of their early advertising . Cheers. 

© Copyright - 2019 Veteran Car Club of WA [Inc]. 265 Hale Road, Wattle Grove. WA 6107