Veteran & Classic Car Club of W.A.

Concessional Vehicle Licencing - DoT Code 404

In Western Australia, the concessional registration of eligible Historic Vehicles is subject to arrangements negotiated between the Department of Transport and the Council of Motoring Clubs of WA. As an eligible member of the CMC, the VCC is able to make concessional registration Code 404 available to its members.

Over the past few years number of changes have taken place to Code 404 which are the regulations by which the concessional licence for unmodified vehicles over 25 years old is based, the latest changes came into force from December 19, 2016.

Some Helpful Information For Concessional Licencing Code 404

Code 404 Handbook

This Code 404 Handbook is provided with the compliments of the Council of Motoring Clubs of WA Inc.

CMC Code 404 Page and Handbook

Dept of Transport – Frequently Asked Questions
Concessions Information supplied by the Dept of Transport

DoT Concessions Information

The DoT has issued a series of clarifications to questions posed by the CMC in November 2021. The most important of these pertains to the use of Impromptu runs. Members are requested to familiarise themselves with these requirements. 

DoT Clarification to CMC - Nov 2021

CMC & DoT - Clarification on Concessional License Code 404 in regard to Impromptu Runs, this is reiterating that Impromptu Runs are a one day event, and is not meant to be used for multi-day events, please read this for more information.

CMC & DoT - Clarification on Concessional License Code 404 Impromptu Runs

E81 Concession Application Form

You will require this form if you want to change your current licensed vehicle to a concessional licence.
Currently licensed vehicles within WA are NOT required to undergo an inspection prior to applying for the 404 concession. The owner simply takes the current licence papers, a copy of their club financial letter (form CMC1) and completed form E81 to any Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) Centre. Note: Your signature must be witnessed - hence do not sign before attending the Licensing Centre. The counter staff can witness your signature on the E81.

E81 Form

Certification of Financial Membership
This has to be completed by an Authorised Person of the VCCC. Normally, this will be the Vehicle Registrar. The Club is unable to provide this endorsement unless there is evidence that the applicant has a set of "Historic" license plates available to be fitted to the vehicle. These plates are available for purchase from the Club web site or the Wattle Grove Parts Shed. 

CMC1 Form

Questions, Ask in the General Discussion Forum
you can ask questions about DoT Concessional Vehicle Licencing Code 404 in the forum
subject:  DoT Concessional Vehicle Licencing - Code 404

© Copyright - 2019 Veteran Car Club of WA [Inc]. PO Box 79, Bentley, WA 6982
Contact:      WebMaster:

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software