Veteran & Classic Car Club of W.A.

  • Home
  • DoT Concessional Vehicle Licencing - Code C4C (Modified Vehicles)

DoT Concessional Vehicle Licencing - Code C4C (Modified Vehicles)

  • 6 Dec 2021 9:19 AM
    Message # 12169353
    John Oldland (Administrator)

    If you have any questions, queries, or comments about the DoT Concessional Vehicle Licencing - Code C4C for Modified Vehicles rules, you can ask them here in this forum.

    Last modified: 24 Mar 2023 3:25 PM | John Oldland (Administrator)
  • 23 Feb 2022 9:02 PM
    Reply # 12619792 on 12169353

    Hello John what is involved selling my car on club plates ?

  • 24 Feb 2022 9:36 PM
    Reply # 12622107 on 12169353
    John Oldland (Administrator)

    For both Code 404 & Code C4C the new owner has to be a member of a  “DoT (Dept of transport) approved historic motoring club”  and have a CMC1 form completed by an Authorised Person of the Club that the new owner belongs to, in the case of the VCC WA this is will be the any of clubs approved vehicle inspectors, for this the vehicle may need to also be inspected by the clubs vehicle inspectors. This will need to be presented to the DoT together with the DOT transfer of ownership form.

    If you are transferring ownership and there is not a CMC1 form with the DoT transfer form, then the vehicle will be put onto a full license. In the case of Code 404 this will mean that if the vehicle has never been on a full license, then the vehicle will need to undergo a full DoT vehicle inspection to be put onto a full license.

  • 23 Mar 2023 3:45 PM
    Reply # 13142095 on 12169353

    Hi John

    One of my cars is registered in my company name can I transfer it to c4c?

  • 24 Mar 2023 2:05 PM
    Reply # 13143372 on 12169353
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Not an entirely straightforward question, Mark. First the easy bit, from the Club's perspective, once you sell the vehicle, please make sure you remove it from the club records by logging on to your profile on the web site and go to edit profile and remove the car. 

    Now the tricky bit -  doesn't matter if it a C4C or a 404 concession, most of the work will have to be done by the purchaser, but the status of the license may determine how much they are willing to pay for your car. If they are a club member (us or another DoT approved club) then its easier - the purchaser gets a signed CMC 1 form (404) or E116 (C4C) from their club and takes that along to licensing when they transfer the vehicle. Easy.

    Without that paperwork the vehicle will have to go back onto full reg at that time. And this is where it can get messy. If there is not a DoT record that the vehicle was ever on full reg (unlikley but possible if it was originally a ground up restoration or build)   they may want it inspected first, but even if it was, a 404 vehicle will now be subject to stamp duty as it is transferred. C4C wears stamp duty always. Arguably, all of this is the purchaser's problem but they need to go into it with eyes open or it will just cause agro. Cheers Andy

  • 24 Mar 2023 2:15 PM
    Reply # 13143374 on 12169353
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Hi David. The short answer is no, a company car can't end up on C4C (at least not with us) . The DoT code of conduct for C4C states  that the "Licence Holder" must be a member of an approved car club. Now the VCCC only has personal memberships - ie a real person not a company. Pretty sure you will find most car clubs are like this too as it is driven by the Associations Incorporation Act. Clubs only deal with real people. Cheers Andy

  • 1 Jun 2023 12:40 PM
    Reply # 13209023 on 12169353

    Hi, i have a 79 vb commodore on 404 and wondering what the rego cost difference would be on c4c?

  • 5 Jun 2023 9:40 PM
    Reply # 13210625 on 12169353
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

    Hello Jarrad, C4C is a 75 % discount on the registration and insurance components of a vehicle registration fee - and as you know that varies a bit in WA based on the vehicle weight. In general, though you will find it works out around $250 against the flat rate of around $80 for 404. DoT will be able to provide you with the exact number. I assume the vehicle was on full rego when you purchased it so it should be a fairly straight forward process - particularly if you have a copy of the old "full rego" papers available.     

  • 12 Dec 2023 12:35 PM
    Reply # 13289936 on 12169353

    I brought my car from a ex member who had it on a C4C and I have it on a 404, what is the process to get it back onto a C4C please.   Macka

    You will need to go onto the Club Website and under vehicle licensing  you will find an E116 form.  You will need to fill this out and send to the Clubs Concessional Licence Registrar  together with a photo of the vehicle and I can sign off and send back to you.  You will then take this form together with a copy of your registration to Transport and they will change over to C4C Registration.    David Reid (Concessional Licence Registrar)

    Last modified: 13 Dec 2023 1:21 PM | John Oldland (Administrator)

© Copyright - 2019 Veteran Car Club of WA [Inc]. 265 Hale Road, Wattle Grove. WA 6107

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software